While I was lining up alone in the mall, I saw an old popo and kong kong buying movie tickets today. There are your typical 'cannot make it, not happening' kind of popo and kong kong. They were old, the white hair hunching back kind. The popo was quite skinny and the kong kong is a bit taller and bigger than her. Have I mentioned that they were old? No, I'm not being mean, you'll see my point in a bit.
I was so geram at the malay dude that was in between that couple and I because he was inhuman for telling the popo and kong kong off just cause they were a bit slow. ISH. Anyway, I was practically staring and analysing them. Don't comment.
They looked so happy together. Like can you imagine, the kong kong is actually taking his wife out on a date? God knows what movie they were planning to watch. I wished I snapped a picture of them but then I'll just look like some weirdo in the mall. Dah lah, I was alone. LOL.
The moment that killed me was when he turned and looked at her and like.. mmm, stroke her face and smiled at her? k la, touch her face. Like what most boys/mens would do to their girlfriends. But i mean, they're OLD already okay. That was an 'aww' moment.
It caught me off guard when he did that to her and my imagination ran wild. I started my own story telling session in my head. I never thought I'd see an old couple doing this whole movie and face touching thing in a mall. They were alone you know, not with their kids or grandkids. So either this couple is one of those couple that:
Option A: They had an arrange marriage back then but was lucky and blessed that they managed to love each other during their marriage.
Option B: They were madly in love back then but parents objected, so they elope and manage to stand by each other through thick and thin and that's why they are so happily in love till now.
I like the latter better cause it seems more dramatic. You?
In a few more minutes, it's 2nd January 2010. I would like to stop thinking, right about now.
Nights.
